Unlike other California license defense law firms, our concentration is only in the lending, financial, and real estate industries. We not only litigate administrative cases before the California Office of Administrative Hearings, but we also assist lending, financial, and real estate practitioners to obtain their licenses and comply with the applicable licensing laws. We also draft contracts, disclosures, and ancillary documents in compliance with licensing and other applicable real estate, lending, and financial laws. It is important that the attorney that represents your company in administrative hearings is knowledgeable in the substantive laws that govern your license and industry, including, without limitation, state and federal lending, financial, real estate, corporate and securities laws. The LAW OFFICES OF ALAN ABERGEL, P.C. is knowledgeable and experienced in lending, financial, real estate, corporate, and securities laws. We represent DBO and BRE licensees and unlicensed companies and individuals who are accused of conducting business without a license. We also represent companies and individuals who are accused by DBO of violating securities laws.
California Bureau of Real Estate (“BRE”) licenses and regulates real estate, mortgage, and business opportunity salespersons and brokers.
California Department of Business Oversight (“DBO”) licenses and regulates:
Broker-Dealers and Investment Advisers
Business and Industrial Development Corporations (BIDCO)
California Deferred Deposit Originators (commonly known as “Payday Lenders”)
California Residential Mortgage Lenders
Capital Access Companies
Check Sellers, Bill Payers and Proraters
Escrow Agents/ Escrow Law
Foreign (Other Nation) Banks
Foreign (Other State) Banks
Local Agency Security Program (LASP)
Premium Finance Companies
Trust Companies and Departments
We provide the following legal services:
- Representation in administrative hearings and proceedings, including Accusations, Statements of Issues, Desist and Refrain Orders, and Citations.
- Representation in investigations by DBO or BRE.
- Representation in appeals of administrative proceedings to the Superior Court through a writ of mandamus proceeding or in appeals to the California Court of Appeal.
- Compliance with lending, financial, and real estate licensing laws.
- Drafting of agreements, disclosures, and ancillary documents in compliance with lending, financial, and real estate licensing laws.